Pages

blog background

Monday, June 2, 2014

I Had the SURPRISE of My Life and the flu, a mini monsoon and SUNSHINE in my soul!

G'DAY! 

This weekend we received transfer news, I was 100% positive we were both staying which was a relief! We are teaching the most incredible people, and Sister G. and I get along so well. I had the surprise of my life when President Maxwell called and started off by saying "I know you and Sister G. have been working so well together..." honestly, my heart just about shattered! He then asked me to serve as a Sister Training Leader. I am still shocked. Tomorrow I get transferred.  I am happy to go wherever the Lord wants me, and I'm pretty stoked about how much I am going to learn being with a very experienced missionary.

 It was devastating to say goodbye to the Cranbourne ward and all of the people we are teaching. I'm trying not to think about it too much. My heart really hurts.
Tonight we are having dinner with the H. family we've been teaching. And then we are doing an FHE with Rebecca K.S.and Sister N. Oh how I love those women. 
Sister G. cries every hour :( we are so sad to leave each other. She is one of the closest friends I've ever had.

The H. family is a Filipino family we started teaching. The grandma just moved here from the Philippines to help with her grandchildren. Her husband is a patriarch! Her daughter  is a less active member and has a husband and 3 gorgeous kids. They showed up at church a couple Sundays ago and I felt so connected with them instantly. They invited us over this week and we taught everyone but C's husband the plan of salvation . The spirit in the room....holy moly. When we invited M. and L. (ages 13 and 10) to be baptized, they were beaming and said yes. The mom lost it. She said it is her dream for her family to be members of the church. Her husband has brought the whole family up catholic and he is very against the idea. Sister G. and I had been praying all week and felt strongly that M. and L. could be baptized on the 28th of June. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. Their mum and her mum were crying so hard. We all fasted on Sunday that the fathers heart will be softened so the girls can continue going to church and be baptized. I know it can happen.


The E. family are doing really well. Our dinner appts have been inviting them as well and it has made such a difference. It's so important every new member of the church has friends. On Sunday, Corbin (Courtney's boyfriend) bore his testimony. His parents came to our ward and just about fell out of their seats. He has been completely anti-Christ for the past 4 years, but this month of teaching him and Courtney's family has changed his life. It was so emotional. He talked about his faith being a tiny seed planted in his heart, and the truth of Alma 33:23, how nourishing our faith allows it to grow. He says he can feel his burdens being lightened, and his faith strengthened. In his teenage years he really has gone off the deep end, and has noticed the difference in his life, but felt that he was too deep to change. In the past month he's felt the Holy Ghost when we teach him and the E. family, and he has remembered how incredible it feels. He feels genuinely happy and lighter in his heart. He said that he will never get off the path leading to Jesus Christ. It is not worth it.
Later he told us that he wants to get a Temple recommend by the end of the year, and start preparing to serve a mission. I am so blessed. 
Heavenly Father is real. He knows us. As we trust Him and allow Him to help us, He will guide us over any stumbling block, and allow us to feel of His love. Our past does not define us! The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and can change anyone.


I have the flu, and there is a mini monsoon outside, but there is so much sunshine in my soul. I am continuously amazed by the goodness and mercy of our Father in Heaven. I LOVE being an instrument for Him. There is no greater joy :)

love you heaps and heaps!!
xoxoxoxo
Sister Stevenson


p.s I saw an aurora recently...google it. so amazing. the stars here blow my mind!!!!
This is Phillips Island! So beautiful...we saw penguins, nobbies and..

No comments:

Post a Comment