Pages

blog background

Monday, July 14, 2014

I am in LOVE with the city


Hello wonderful family!
Today we went to an Australian animal sanctuary with Jam. (she got baptised last month!)...it was incredible. I saw Australia's top ten most deadly snakes...one bite from an inland taipan and you are a goner ;) we saw huge eagles, wombats, Tasmanian devils, platypus, koalas, dragons, emus, dingoes, and of course kangaroos :)
Last p-day we got together with all the sisters on the east side for a CHRISTMAS in July...it was SO fun.
Animal Sanctuary with Sister H.  It's still winter down under.
Sister H. is getting transferred Tuesday :(
     So last Saturday, upon dropping off some sisters at their flat, my Bible somehow fell out of the car...later we went back and searched all over the dark, rainy area and it was nowhere to be found. I was pretty devastated...I've had that Bible since I was 8 and has so many markings and some special notes from people I love on my mission.  All weekend I prayed that I would find it... I still have not found it.  But Monday I get a package from my sweet mother....and there's one item in it...a brand new Bible. Heavenly Father is real and He knows me. He knows each one of us.   Miracles happen. And my mother is inspired to send it at just the right time. I love you mum!! I have no idea where my Bible went but I pray that whomever picked it up can be blessed by it.
     I am in LOVE with the city....it was one of the most incredible days of my life. Sister V. and I taught a few students from Korea, one being a man called John. All we taught about was Heavenly Father's love and following Jesus Christ and within 15 minutes invited him to be baptised. John is so special. He talked about how "my body is so excited but my mind so peaceful...my fog in my mind is lifted up and gone...it is like air is really cool and clear." He's so great! What a miracle!
All day was filled with going up to people on the street and inviting them to come back to the branch/church to show them around and invite them to learn more. and almost every time, they CAME! I met students from Zambia, China, Jamaica, Vietnam, Egypt and Korea....it was a DREAM. We taught English to a Persian man  name M. 
I didn't want to leave the city (Melbourne)!! The missionaries there are so incredible....and SO OBEDIENT.
     Another miracle! I got to go on exchanges with my sweet Sister G.!!!!  We felt prompted to knock on a certain door...upon doing so we met a Chinese couple in their 50s who didn't speak much English. I just happened to remember one word in Chinese from a few days prior...ye su ji du...Jesus. I told them we were ye su ji du teachers and their eyes lit up and immediately invited us inside. We taught N. and J. that God is our loving Heavenly Father as simply as we could and then sang "I am a child of God." the spirit was so strong and afterwards they each excitedly said "I feel so happy" motioning to their hearts. wow. the power of music. I had this feeling to reach inside my coat pocket and found a card from the city about missionaries teaching Chinese people English for free....this is a miracle itself as I am positive I had ran out. We gave N. the card and he immediately got on Mormon.org...it was all in Chinese on his ipad and they were able to read upon what we believe. I called the Chinese zone leaders and they set up an appointment to teach English to the couple in the city, as well as teach them more about the church.
Christmas in July    Sister L. from South Korea
Elder Chantung later told me that he and his companion were praying that they would be able to start  teaching families to build up the Chinese branch. As soon as they said, "Amen", we called.
" And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." Moroni 7:29
I love being a missionary so much.
The Saviour said "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18  I know this promise is real. I love you all so much. :)
xoxoxooxoxo
Sister Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment