Pages

blog background

Monday, December 9, 2013

CHRIST IS OUR ILLIMINATOR. Saw soo many KANGAS this week!!!




I was inspired, uplifted, and humbled by Zone Conference this week. What exceptional missionaries I am surrounded by.   And President Maxwell. WOW. He is SO humble and intelligent. What an incredible man!!!! Sister Baker and I have been praying so hard that we will have a baptism by the end of they year. I know that we can do this as we have faith. Sister Baker and I have many wonderful people that we are working with, but baptism just isn't happening yet for any of them despite our efforts. This week we felt like we should teach a new contact from last month, Anna. Anna is from Peru and is the epitome of a humble disciple of Christ. She is a single mom of two kids and works daily. As we taught Anna the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the spirit was so strong. When I shared Joseph Smiths first vision, there was such a warmth and peace in the room. But outside, a massive, dark storm began to rage. It was like the adversary was doing everything in his might to shake us from sharing these truths. Right now she is praying about the Book of Mormon and we are praying so hard that she will decide to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized soon!
     So this week we went to see  an elderly couple who we met at the train station. Oh. My. gosh. It was crazy. She has paintings and canvasses all  over her walls that still have package wrap on them, and she said they are her mirrors! haha! And there was a massive stuffed teddy bear on the couch with a net around it's head/neck as if it was being choked....They only wanted to share her religious beliefs. For the past 30 years the woman has been writing a manuscript and studying the Bible full time. To get down to it, she believes that Adam and Eve are God. That Christ is the second Adam and that she IS Eve. She said that God had instructed her to write hundreds of songs and she stood up and began to sing one for us.   Someday I'll tell you the full account. Twas the craziest experience of my life.    

Sister Baker and I are trying to study our scriptures even more in spare moments of the morning/evening.
Though they are few, they definitely make a difference! I never want to look back on my mission and regret not being exactly obedient. We are striving to follow every rule to exactness! I know that miracles come when we are obedient. The Book of Mormon paired with the Holy Spirit is really the most powerful tool for conversion. We are wanting to utilize it so much more when we teach. I know without any doubt that every word is written by a prophet called of God. 
When I read the Book of Mormon I am filled with light. No amount of convincing or pressure could ever cause me to deny the love from God that I feel when I read this book. I do not doubt that the Book of Mormon is the most true book on Earth. As I was reading in 3 Nephi this week, I felt a peace that is truly unexplainable.
 We showed the Fitisimanu family the "My New Life" mormon message this week. While watching it, I had a powerful and sacred three words come into my head. "I healed you."  I am here because it is God's will. Laws of science were defied because I was to serve a mission. Heavenly Father is in control and I am so thankful for feet healing and my new skin..

This weekend we went to teach Emma, a 17 y.o girl we met while tracting. We brought beautiful Linga, a 17 y.o from Hallam ward. at the beginning of the lesson we discussed how God is our loving Heavenly Father and we are all His children. As we talked more, Emma opened up to us that she struggles with depression, but shared that she has prayed for strength in the past, and has received it. Linga then shared her feelings of the same thing, depression being a huge trial for her, but God gave her the courage and peace to keep pushing thru life. Wow. so glad we brought Linga. At the end of the lesson, Emma told us that she had a lot going on in her life, but the for the first time, her head felt completely clear. She said that depression had led to some pretty serious self harm and the fact that she was capable of feeling like this now was very surprising to her. As we taught her about The Gift Of the Holy Ghost, she yearned so badly to be able to have that! 
Oh. it was AMAZING. IT WAS =one of the most special lessons I've ever been apart of. AND IT WAS OUTSIDE On the footpath! When we invited her to be baptised, she so badly wanted to, but she knew her parents would absolutely not be okay with it. We promised her that if she really wants this, and prays to Heavenly Father, He WILL provide a way in His own time.        Yesterday was Noah's baptism and it was sooooooo wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spoke on repentance and baptism.
I am running out of time, sorry !
Last night we ate dinner with multiple Filipino families.I!!!!!!  I ADORE THEM SO MUCH!
And we ate with Rodica and Michael this week too! Romanians are so hilarious!! What is Simona's last name????? Rodica knows Nadia!!!! and Bella ___! So crazy!!!

We haven't seen Jonathon in so long :( same with Joel and Eduardo :(
but Kayla is progressing!! She loved the ward BBQ this week!
Jenn is progressing too!! Except she's decided she actually wants to get married next year. You can only imagine the devastation Sis baker and I felt  :( but she's still progressing!
Colta family is  doing well too!!  Here is a conversation they had about my burns:
Tony: so did you have to go to the hospital?
Beshoy: of course she did!! (pretty much yelling, he's always yelling) her foot melted!!! Like chocolate in the microwave!
haha so funny.

I saw sooooooooo many HEAPS of kangas this week!!! twas amazing! and I LOVE THE CITY SO MUCH!!!!!!



I KNOW that this is Jesus Christ's church.
 I testify that with Jesus Christ, darkness CANNOT win. Christ is our illuminator and He shows us how we can safely cross stumbling blocks in our path. I know that our   Heavenly Father is YEARNING to help us! As we draw nearer to God, He will draw nearer to us and we will discover His unending love and compassion towards us. "God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all." (1 john 1:5) The light of HF and His son is REAL and is for any and everyone. But we have to flip that switch on.  President Uchtdorf said, "It doesn’t matter how unqualified you may think you are or how far behind others you may feel. The very moment you begin to seek your Heavenly Father, in that moment, the hope of His light will begin to awaken, enliven, and ennoble your soul. The darkness may not dissipate all at once, but as surely as night always gives way to dawn, the light will come."
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Love, Sister Hailey Stevenson  LOVE Y'ALL FOREVER!!!
Cricket at the ward BBQ.....Summer is approaching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment