Pages

blog background

Sunday, January 11, 2015

"Want Depend To God"


Hello!
We taught a darling girl named S. this week. S. has zero knowledge of God...it is a special thing to get to teach people from scratch about their maker. She moved here last week from Korea to study English, she came here not knowing a soul. (Haha, kind of a Korean pun ;) She cried and told us she is so lonely and depressed being by herself, and that she "want depend to God." We taught her how to pray and she immediately felt the sweet comfort of the Holy Ghost. She left smiling and we taught her the next two days as well. When we taught her about baptism she asked is Sunday was okay. She has the purest heart.

Unfortunately, she texted us yesterday saying that her mom is making her go to Sydney for at least a month and that she won't be able to say goodbye...I remember that Davis W. is in Sydney speaking Korean...somehow I hope to refer her to his mission!
And a couple minutes after that, Aik. texted us saying that she doesn't want to meet with us anymore either. This was somewhat of the pattern this week. It hurts my heart so much. I want everyone to have the immediate blessings that the Gospel brings. I love these people so much. But we will continue to have faith, work hard, love much, and heed to Joseph Smith's words:
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

I LOVE my sweet Sister A. She is a joy and we are united in heart and purpose. 

Jo., a man in our branch told our Gospel Principles class about a story from his childhood. His family lived near the Prime Ministers house and it was not uncommon for there to be protestors outside screaming and shouting awful things. On one occasion, mobs and protestors began to terrorize the whole street of the PM. They threw stones through windows, and set fires everywhere. Terrified, Jo. and his family prayed together that they would be safe. Finally the mobs left, they went outside and their house was the only house in the surrounding area that had not been touched. 
I am continually touched by the faith of our members. Like Jo, I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers.
I was reminded this week of looking outside and seeing that part of our yard (in Texas) was in flames. I remember praying out loud, and instantly feeling peace. I 100% knew that it was all going to be okay. That is the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that when I feel peace when praying, that is Heavenly Father communicating with me that  He is listening, and that He loves me.
There is a man in the library wearing a UT hat!!! (That is quite the rarity on this side of the planet) I was able to talk to him briefly.

This week Elder Peirson, our area president is visting our mission. We get to meet with him on Friday...I can't WAIT! :)

 Love you very much!! Keep feasting upon the scriptures!  :)
Sister Stevenson

1 comment: