Pages

blog background

Sunday, August 3, 2014

I want to wear my life out in the service of the Lord


Sister W. is a blessing to me as well as our mission. I have never learned the importance and beauty of communication at such a height till this transfer. Our vision of the work sometimes differs. But I am learning to be humble, and open my heart to other ideas and methods. We want to align our vision with the Lord's. We want to refine ourselves, and emulate discipleship of Jesus Christ. Align and refine is our motto!
We set 3 baptismal dates with a mum and her 2 kids on Monday. Miracles are taking place in Narre Warren!
South Africa, Wales, USA and New Zealand     

I am beginning to understand my Authority as a missionary, and the power that comes from it. I am privileged to represent my Saviour Jesus Christ.

This week I was thinking about a Triathlon I competed in in Arizona...I had never raced such a long distance before, and I was not anywhere near as trained for it as I should have been. The end of the 26 mile bike ride, the brakes on my bike kept breaking and I was so drained. I felt so dizzy and my legs were like spaghetti. I saw a few people on the side that had quit and I contemplated giving up as well. I am so thankful that Christ did NOT give up. His suffering was unfathomable...beyond comprehension. But He endured it. For me. And for you.
If it had not been for the extra boost that I received from Heavenly Father, I really don't think I could have finished that race. Our life on Earth is about enduring to the end. Our brakes are sometimes going to break. At times the sun will be so blistering hot that we are not sure that our bodies can take it any more. But we don't have to fret, the Atonement covers those things. Through the power that comes thorough  Jesus Christ's Atonement, we are enabled to finish any race.

I want to wear my life out in the service of the Lord.

Thank you so much for loving and supporting me so much. I love you!
xoxox
Sister Stevenson

2 comments:

  1. I love this letter from Sister Stevenson. She inspires me to be a better person every time I read her wonderful messages. She is a Spiritual Giant and a beautiful person! She brings honor to her family and to the Lord through the life she leads. I love her!

    ReplyDelete