Pages

blog background

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

When I Asked Him if He Ever Prays, he said, "Oh yes, I pray tennis, I pray flute, I pray..."

Hi!

What an incredible week.
I exchanged into the city with Sister L.. We had a day of MIRACLES...my favorite days are when you are going, going, going and so busy that you don't even have time for lunch. 
We taught a Japanese student named M...his English isn't too great and he doesn't have much of a religious background. We began by praying and talking about the nature of God. We focused a lot on how we can communicate with our father and feel peace though prayer. When I asked him if he ever prays, he responded "Oh...yes. Everyday. I pray tennis....I pray flute...I pray..." Oh my goodness, I almost got the giggles.
Later I met a recent convert named Ang. He is a student here from Vietnam, he looks 15 but is in his mid 20s. He is such a delight he is to the branch. He LOVES American pop music and performed many a song for me, with 90% of the lyrics altered hahaha.
 Ang. loves the hymn  "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today" because according to him, he can add in anything. He then sang for  me "there is bacon in my mouth today!"

The majority of time spent in the city (when you are not teaching) is GQ'ing (golden questioning, where you talk to any and everyone)  I LOVE it. My favourite spot is in Bourke Street. At one point in the day I was talking to a man on a bench in front of the state library. He is a student here from India.  At first he had no interest in what I was saying, but as I proceeded to testify to him about Christ's church established on the earth again, and how we have a prophet HERE to guide and lead us, his heart started softening. Not because of anything that I said, but because of the spirit he felt. There was SO much going on around us, people bustling everywhere, and trams and buses and bikers, but as I told him about Joseph Smith and his account seeing Heavenly Father and His son, it was as if everything was on silence. It was such a profound moment on my mission.  After I finished, his whole countenance changed....he said, "Amazing....is it true?" I asked him what he thought and he nodded his head in response. "It is true." The most powerful thing I can do as a missionary is to testify. I could have all the skill in the world, but if whom I speak to cannot feel the spirit, their heart will never change.

Saturday we were able to go to the Temple... Sis V and Sis W both taught a darling lady named K. A few years ago K. got sick and lost 30 years of her memory (her whole life). Sis W retaught the lessons to her and this was her first time back at the temple. It was so special.

Both Sister V. and I are getting transferred Tuesday. I'm so sad to leave Narre Warren, but I will go wherever the Lord wants me to serve. Sis V and I were called up to bear our testimonies during Sacrament  meeting...after, a young w who wants to serve a mission spoke, as well as a boy who will be leaving for his mission this week in the Philippines, and an elder who just returned home from his mission in the West Indies. The work is HASTENING! I love being a missionary for Jesus Christ. I love you all so much! 

xoxoxoxo Sister Hailey Stevenson



No comments:

Post a Comment