Pages

blog background

Monday, February 3, 2014

I'VE BEEN TOLD I'M KINDA PICKING UP AN AUSSIE ACCENT----OH MY!

Hello hello!!!

I hope you all had a glorious week! I can't believe it's so frigid on that side of the globe.  Kids over here are having school cancelled too. Except for too hot of weather, haha!

Oh my goodness, this week we met and started teaching the most amazing kids from Zimbabwe. We taught the Plan of Salvation and they soaked it all in. They had so many insightful questions and it all just seemed to click for them. We were sooooo happy all week to meet with them the next weekend. But then they texted us and told us their mum says they can't meet with us any more but they are so grateful for what they have learnt. (that's a word here) It. Was. Devastating. Sometimes being a missionary is so sad :( But I'm so grateful that we were able to meet them and teach them at all. 

Last week Dan told us that all these thoughts were coming to his head and how he was about to drop everything that he's learned and step away. I guess he picked up his Book of Mormon and started reading where he left off. He read Jacob 6:8
 Behold, will ye reject these words? Will ye reject the words of the prophets; and will ye reject all the words which have been spoken concerning Christ, after so many have spoken concerning him; and deny the good word of Christ, and the power of God, and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and quench the Holy Spirit, and make a mock of the great plan of redemption, which hath been laid for you?

It hit him so hard. He's told us repeatedly, you have my number and my address, do not let me back out of this. I know it's what I'm supposed to do, I don't want to mess it up. 
We all need pushes in life. 
If we want to talk to God, we do so by prayer. If we want Him to talk to us, we not only listen, but we read the scriptures. I can confidently say that I hear Heavenly Father speaking to me as I study the scriptures. 

A. is going through so much more than I realized. She is suffering so much :( Her FAITH and love and dependence on Heavenly Father is so inspiring. She is being attacked from almost all angles in her life. Has she decided to be bitter or angry or turn to substances for comfort?   No way.   A. knows that she cannot make it through this alone and has realized that she is not alone. She has another family at church, and she knows she has a Father in Heaven who is always there!!! It's so cool, she literally GLOWS.   She has such a radiance about her compared to the A. we first met while knocking doors. She is in a horrible situation, but has decided to choose to be happy. Choose happy. I love it.
A. told us that this week she has received so much revelation and now she understands that it is only in our church that has the correct Priesthood Authority of God. I love how Joseph Smith asks which church he should JOIN, not which is true. You can feel the Holy Ghost and God's love in any church that testifies of Him!!! A. has come to realize that all churches have truth, but ours is the only with complete truth. That is quite a bold statement. But I have no doubt of it. And I know that if anyone were to ask sincerely, they would find out the same.
When we asked A. when she wanted to be baptised, she said, "tomorrow?" Haha :) So much joy. Our chapel is super booked for the next bit....so baptismal date TBA :))


Sister St. is improving IMMENSELY! Ah i love that girl so much. She is so unique and funny and a true friend. I've gained so much from being her companion. I love her desire to bring people to Christ, as well as have us grow closer to Him as well.

Sister R. is Sister F's new companion!! That's the sister who I heard about by the shoe salesman in St George!!!! Holy goodness. I adore her sooooooooo much!!

My purpose as a missionary is to bring people to Christ. Isn't that the greatest thing ever?!!! I love the HOPE that Jesus Christ and His gospel brings! Hope is a trust in God's timing and promises. Worldly hope is just thoughts, but Godly hope leads to action. And that is why I'm on a mission! I want everyone to have the hope that I have! How can you all share hope with others? I can tell you this, there is no greater hope than the Plan of Salvation. All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Love y'all foreva and eva (Sis St. says I'm kinda picking up an Aussie accent----oh my!)
Sister Hailey Stevenson
I got to ride a bike for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment