Pages

blog background

Monday, January 27, 2014

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This week we ate dinner at the Hunts and Dan came too! After an amazing Samoan feed (oh my. so much food.) Sis S. and I shared a message on obedience to Heavenly Father. Bro Hunt and their 21 year old son (he is prepping to serve a mish and has become great friends with Dan!) both shared their testimonies on how they have seen the difference in their lives while they have been obedient, and when they have not. This difference was very obvious for them. Being obedient to Heavenly Father  takes sacrifice. But it is so worth it. I KNOW that sacrifice brings forth the blessings from Heaven.

I want to be like the Stripling Warriors in Alma!  "Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them.... they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually." Exact obedience and faith kept these warriors alive! Exact obedience and faith bring so many miracles. As missionaries for Jesus Christ, we need those miracles!
We taught Dan the Word of Wisdom this week. He was a little floored about some of the things, but there was no question for him that he wants to follow what the prophet says. The blessings that come from obedience are sooooo worth it! Dan is awesome.
A. is a different person than the lady we met tracting. She is full of JOY! She literally beams! She sent us the funniest text this week, we asked her how her Book of Mormon reading was coming and she said "Good, but I can't find the Book of Moses"  A. is so diligent, I'm sure she had been searching for ages trying to find Moses.  (for all those who don't know, Moses is in another book of scripture called the Pearl of Great Price :)
 A. LOVES the strength she receives from coming to church and recognizes the peace and happiness she feels in her life now. She continually thanks us for bringing her to Jesus Christ and helping her find God again. I love being a missionary!!!!
Saturday we saw the C. family (they are from Egypt). They told us about how Egypt had been attacked by terrorists close to where their family lives and how terrified their family is every minute of the day.. They are so worried :( So often we worry about such little things, it was humbling to see this family. We are so fortunate to not have to worry about this on a daily basis. We then saw an Italian lady walking and talked to her for a while. We then met with a family from China  and taught the mum to pray and it was so special! She said it in Chinese and I didn't understand a speck of it, but the Spirit was so strong!! We then had dinner with a Fijian Indian woman. No matter where we come from, I know that we are all Heavenly Father's children!
Sunday we also taught a  family of 7 from Afghanistan!! Ohhhh my goodness!!! Wow! So cool!

Transfers were this week!! Sis. S and I are staying!! Yay! But Sis W. is leaving and I'm so sad :( But had an Australian Day surprise going away party last night and it was so fun!!! and so hot in our flat! haha

Sister S. says I keep talking in my sleep. Actually, I keep teaching lessons in my sleep, hahaha
I forgot to mention that ice skating a couple of weeks ago was soooo pristine. All the Aussies and Americans had skated before...but apparently there aren't too many ice rinks in the Philippines, Samoa, Tonga or Cook Islands...hahahahahaha. Oh my gosh, watching some of the missionaries slide around was one of the funniest things I've seen on my mission so far.
I know that the missionaries are prayed for by millions of people daily. I know it because I feel the blessings and protection DAILY. Thank you so much for your prayers!!! I know that we are all Heavenly Father's children and I know that Jesus Christ lives.

Love y'all!!! xoxoxo
Sister Hailey Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment