Pages

blog background

Sunday, October 27, 2013

I have been blessed with strength beyond my own.


Hello!!!
Okay I didn't write much last week cause I was crying about Dad and Kendrick!
Since finding out about the accident I have felt so much peace. Elder Woffinden (he works in the office) gave me a blessing on Wednesday.  It was so beautiful!!!!
OHHHH THE JOY AND PEACE I FELT!!!!!!!
I KNOW that the Priesthood truly is the permission and authority to act in God's name. And that this power is REAL! This blessing brought me so much comfort and I really felt Heavenly Father's LOVE.

We had Sisters p-day (a Halloween party) and can you tell who I am?  I won the costume contest.  BOOYAH!

We also had  a Sisters conference this week. Oh it was so AMAZING! All the sisters in the mission came! Even Sis Hadfield and my love, Sister Vermuelen were flown up from Tazzie!!! It was so phenomenal to meet everyone. Goodness I'm like way younger than everyone! Sis Baker and I calculated that 34% of the sisters are from the U.S.  and only 4 sisters aren't from Utah.    Wowowow! Tell Christy that I met Sister Emalee Guy who went to Bingham and she knows all my dear Bingham friends! I love all of the sisters so much. It was so uplifting to be with them. I learned SO much at the conference and was so inspired to be a better missionary and to LOVE like Christ did.

My very first Sunday in Churchill Park ward, I met the a certain family. Since the day I met them, I have been feeling that it is important that we go visit them. But each time, something gets in the way. We have been praying that we will be able to identify who it is in our ward that knows someone who is prepared to hear our message and be baptized. I know that Heavenly Father prepares individuals, and as we pray with faith, we will be able to identify them, and witness miracles. We were finally able to make an appointment with this  family this week. While praying, (right before going in) I was filled with an absolute, undeniable knowledge that this was the family we had been praying for. I told Sister Baker and she too felt good about it. When we told  this family   about the answer to our prayer, the mother  began to get emotional, and said that she immediately had not one, but THREE faces appear to her mind. We are so excited about the gospel of Jesus Christ!! It changes lives and we want so desperately for everyone to know what we know.
We are meeting with Eduardo this week. (he hasn't been able to in so long) And David still hasn't come to church :( But hopefully we'll get a lot of people to the ward trunk or treat!!!

Funny moment from yesterday at the J's house. we are role playing to get them more comfortable with sharing the gospel

Katie: Yeah I go to church. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Me: Oh yeah isn't that the church with lots of moms?
Katie: Mmmmmmmmmmhmm that's why we're called more-moms.

hahaha it was sooooo funny. Katie is 14 and is who we went to Phillip Island with!  Speaking of Phillip Island, one of my pics actually downloaded.



Sister Baker and I are really focusing on strengthening our own faith, as well as the members. This week we saw that as we studied faith and miracles, and increased our faith in Jesus Christ, miracles HAPPENED! I am so excited to stay in this area, and continue on the work. We are building solid relationships with the members, and are seeing families come closer to Christ as they learn and understand principles of the gospel. I know that the Priesthood is real.

Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you to bear you up." This week I have been blessed with strength beyond my own, and I can testify that angels were bearing me up every single day.

Love y'all soooooo much!
Sister Hailey Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment