Pages

blog background

Sunday, November 17, 2013

I MIGHT EXPLODE INTO GLITTER because of my JOY!


Hellooooooooo!
So, we have had 8 days of rain and I just found out that this has been the coldest November since the 80s. Our ward blames the American missionaries for bringing it with us, Haha.
IT WAS SUCH A WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!  Have I said that I love missionary work before?   Because I do :)

On Tuesday, I experienced one of those "On my mission..." stories I know I'll be telling for the rest of my life. We went to teach the C. family...  Dalia and Milad are the parents, and their children are B. (10) and T. (6). The sweet grandma lives with them too. They moved from Egypt a few years ago, and the kids speak the best English, but for the most part, they really only know Arabic. The C. family welcomed us with so much love and kindness. Oh they are so humble and such lovely people. As I shared Jospeh Smith's account of the first vision, Milad's eyes started to well up, and said "I don't know how to say it in English, but I feel...." and he just held his hand over his heart trying to articulate words. We explained the Holy Ghost to him, and I wanted to shout with joy. Oh, Heavenly Father loves His children. I will never deny it. Sis Baker and I sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer" and the grandma started to cry. At the end of the song, she spoke in Arabic and B. translated something I will never forget, "I know those words." Grandma C. doesn't speak a lick of English, but she knew and *felt* every word that we sang. They all went around and talked about the warmth and happiness that they felt, and I really thought that I might explode into glitter because of my joy. Milad said, I don't speak English good, or understand everything, but the song, I could picture every word in my heart."
I am learning that when we speak by the Holy Ghost, His words become ours. He helps us say the exact words that HE knows will touch their hearts and witness unto them that our message is true. As we teach simply, powerfully, and purely, people can feel the truth of our message, despite language barriers. The Holy Spirit speaks every language. It is the ultimate translator :)
I don't know if I've ever felt Heavenly Fathers love so immensely as I did then! I know that we are ALL His children, no matter where we come from, what we look like, or how we act. I know that His love and adoration for us all is greater than we could ever fathom. He wants so badly for us to be able to live with Him again. As  a missionary, I am simply an instrument for Him, helping His children be able to live with Him forever. As I do this, He in turn is blessing both me and my family ABUNDANTLY and allows me to sense a little bit of the love He has for His children.
We taught the C's again on Saturday and it went well. We taught about the Godhead and how they are three separate beings. They had a bit of trouble grasping this. We are hoping to find someone in the stake who speaks Arabic that can come translate. Although there were a little bit of disagreements, they still want us to come back this week.Yesterday they came to church!!!!! So much joy. I am so grateful to all the members that flocked to them to introduce themselves. Dalia is such a gorgeous person. Yesterday when she hugged me goodbye she looked me in the eyes and said, "I love you so much." Such powerful words.
Aaaaaand KAYLA IS GETTING BAPTISED!!!!! She is praying about a date :) So much joy. Seriously.
Pray so hard that P's (Jenns partner) heart will be softened!!! She wants so badly to be baptised.
Ashley is doing well!  The Relief Society is getting involved!  Things are looking sooo bright!!!!!!
A. is doing well!!

This week I experienced my very first real door slam.  It was a powerful one!   Hahah.  I laughed.



This week were tracting and a man opened the door without anything on except a shirt.  #awkward #scarred.

We talked to over 300 people this week! Not including tracting/church. Twas a good week! And 18 new contacts. Booya!


This week I was reading in Alma 26. In this chapter, Ammon is speaking of Jesus Christ, and asks, "have we not great reason to rejoice?" (verse 13)    This question has resonated through my head and heart all week.   I have so many reasons to rejoice!    As a missionary, I am so often overflowing with JOY as I see others come closer to Jesus Christ, and as I myself, learn more of Him, and feel the power of His Atonement. In verse 16, Ammon says, "Therefore, let us glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will  praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." The truest of joys is centered on Christ, and everyday I am seeing more and more, how I am nothing without Him. I will forever rejoice because of my Savior and Redeemer.

Love y'all soooo very very much!

Sister Stevenson


Elder Jamison sent me the greatest letters this week via dear elder!!! Will you get me their mish address????

No comments:

Post a Comment